Summertime brings more outdoor events, vacations and physical activities. With all of the fun also comes an increased risk for various health events associated with summer activities. Be prepared with a well-stocked first aid kit.
Your year-round first aid kit likely includes items like sanitizing wipes, latex gloves, bandages, antiseptic and pain relievers. In addition to the basics, there are unique needs during the summer you should take into account when packing your kit.
Consider adding these eight essential items to your summertime first aid kit:
- Antihistamines for allergic reactions to stings and plants – include doses for adults and children
- Hydrocortisone cream to soothe itchy rashes, insect bites and poison ivy
- Sterile tweezers for splinters and ticks
- Instant ice packs for pain, swelling and inflammation from injuries
- Dramamine for sea sickness
- Ear drops for swimmer’s ear infections
- Aloe vera to soothe sunburns
- An index card with your physician’s phone numbers and other emergency contact information for quick reference
Make sure your first aid kit is easily accessible, but safely kept away from small children. Also, keep the kit out of direct sunlight to avoid overheating the medications and creams inside. As always, review the medications frequently to check for expired medications. If there is ever a question about a medical event, contact your physician.
Enjoy your summer activities with the peace of mind that you are prepared for these typical summer health events with your first aid essentials!
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
About Brookside Babies
Brookside Babies is a program offering prospective, soon-to-be and current parents the opportunity to meet others in the community, gather information, share ideas and experience all that the Brookside Community has to offer.
Program members learn, share and connect through monthly meet ups, online forums and at local events.
JOIN | SUBSCRIBE
Brookside Babies is committed to providing online and offline resources to help families grow, make informed health-based decisions and have fun!
Follow Brookside Babies on social media.
MIDWEST WOMEN’S HEALTHCARE SPECIALISTS
Offering family-focused, comprehensive care that will enhance your birthing experience from conception throughout your pregnancy and care of your newborn.Learn more about OB services